Sunday, January 4, 2009

First impressions

This is my first blog on this new blog site I have previously bloged on my myspace which my aunt has informed me to be “ SOoooo last season” This is my fresh new shiny blog ! what sort of statement should I make that will set the tone for my blog page! what sort of issues should I address ? I have a lot of issues mind you I also often ramble …
To start I should say I am a truly blessed girl. Im sitting here in my living room with a devoted puppy laying on each foot brandy and coulee looking out into a very harsh winter scene! I have come to be far more grateful for the amazing life I have and how serendipity lead me to Daron & how we built a home.
I cant help but smile. I have come to see how much more precious the choices are that I make in life. People adapt an overcome its not that were ok , or healed of what ever scarred us so badly its that we've found in the most literal of translation LIFE GOES ON, not with out regret not with out heart ache but also not with out laughter and love. Its my choice what to focus on, what is going to define me its going to be the joy and the love.
The definition of home changes as I mature, the people in my life change. So with every change that I’m faced with I will always find my way home, maybe not the home that I started in but the home that I create, the definition of home can be defined as simply as The place that we love and are loved..
I cant think of a better definition so call it a new years resolution or a much needed attitude adjustment but I promise I will be counting my blessings much more often
Speaking of blessings so picking up Daron to day (because my car is lost in a snow-berm & we have yet to find it, so I confiscated the truck) we kissed and I asked him how his day at work was ( as a fire-paramedic) “Saving lives” sarcastically because on any given day if you respond to ten 911 calls 8 of them will be bullShit toothache, nosebleed, Stubbed toe, Im drunk & cant stand up…Ect! The other 2 would be some sort of inter-facility transport nursing home to hospital …But not today ! Daron delivered a baby a beautiful boy and then saved a guy who had been dead for 20 mins. Then daron bless his heart looks at me with his loving brown eyes “how was your day ..what did you do?” …… Seriously … “ I cleaned the bathroom” me being off work today I had no opportunity to save lives thus it is un fair rob me of my scrubbing bubbles glory I had a dirty toilet and bathtub daron had Dead people and dilated crackhores Apples and oranges people !
The point is that we both had a task at hand & successfully completed such task!
I start my new job tomorrow ! wish me luck !
Loves manda

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you little one! Don't F it up. And, fyi -- if your bathroom is anything like MY bathroom -- I think you just might be the better person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok now i know hope to access blog's
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete